Are you energetic, responsible and able to keep a clear center in chaos? Do you know everything about and around the office, and do you like to have your voice in culture events too? We are looking for someone that can connect the practical with the personal to create an engaged and happy office environment. Looking for a multi leveled challenge? This might be it!
WHO ARE WE?
Optics11 Life is a well-funded fast-growing life sciences scale-up company that develops and manufactures high tech instruments that provide key measurements in drug development processes. Headquartered in Amsterdam Zuidoost and with teams in both the UK and US, we serve clients in pharma, biotech and academia around the world. We have a flat hierarchy and short decision lines. Our people get a lot of responsibility, autonomy and with that, the freedom to structure and lead their own work. We have an agile, nice, warm and open culture with a lot of different personalities, skillsets and backgrounds. We love to celebrate our successes together with food, drinks, music and most importantly: each other!
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our perfect candidate feels at home in a growing organization where things are not yet set in stone. We are scaling up, which means that we haven’t figured everything out yet. You like to take initiative and you can pinpoint how things and processes can be improved. This requires a can-do and hands-on growth mindset. Developing great people relationships is a key success factor. In the office manager role, you’ll get the great opportunity to shape an office environment where colleagues and visitors alike feel welcome and like to be. By being the service-minded and open person you are, you’ll have a significant impact on the company culture. Are you curious to learn more about the challenges of this role? Check below!
Working in a scale-up company is dynamic. As our office manager you are part of our enthusiastic, international team (we have colleagues from over 20 different nationalities). Being a spider in the web of office operations, the role has three main areas of responsibility:
- Ensure the office operates smoothly
- Manage the building and facilities
- Support administrative processes in close cooperation with the HR, Finance and IT teams
- Maintain office supplies inventory and place orders when required
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvement
- Develop office policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented properly.
- Be involved everything that relates to the building including office layout planning
- Organize worldwide shipping and logistics
- Support the production and Sales team by sending our products to clients globally
- Keep all stakeholders updated about status of the shipments (track and trace) and take action when needed
- Guard the hospitality
- Perform receptionist duties – greet visitors, organize meetings and answer and direct calls.
- Organize professional events, office outings and other social events
- Pro actively contributes to culture initiatives to improve employee satisfaction
- Make travel arrangements
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Experience with office management;
- Excellent organizing skills;
- Hands on and can-do attitude;
- Proactive and eye for improvement;
- Open and approachable personality;
- Well able to find creative solutions to solve day to day problems;
- Able to roll with the punches and remain flexible;
- Good command of MS Office;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Dutch;
- Currently located in the Netherlands with the Legal authorization to work in the Netherlands on a 32-to-40-hour basis.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Travel expenses
- Freedom and responsibility in structuring and leading your work
- Flat hierarchy, short decision lines, big impact
- Free drinks, snacks and fruit at the office
- The joy of working in a truly international team
- Friday drinks, team outings, L&D budget and much more!
Are you in for this challenge? Please apply!
For more information, please visit www.optics11life.com.